Tuesday 6 August 2013

Some cause for Australian cheer

Work is keeping me too busy to blog at the moment but in the meantime, here's something on some Australian positives that I put together over at the Guardian.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on a  monumental blog post that will be on the way sooner rather than later, if my absence is of any concern to you.

In the meantime, what do we all think of Watto turning the DRS sledging tables on KP last night? Is this this an all-rounder shaped pot calling the kettle black if ever you've seen it?


I guess he and Warner are all too aware of the chasm in talent between themselves and KP; he's a handy man to get out cheaply.

3 comments:

  1. Good piece, as usual. The Harris giggle was the way to go there. Though in fairness, the Watto response seems like that of an introvert under great pressure. Dunno what Davey's excuse was. A bit special, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a later pic in which Siddle gets stuck in too, so I guess I now think it's open slather, because Peter Siddle can do no wrong these days.

      Delete
    2. One can imagine the pithy mots Sids was dishing out. But Sids could have taken a slash on KP's shoes and no one would've begrudged him it ('lion-hearted', 'manful'). Davey, on the hand, christ. His brain wouldn't show up on Hotspot.

      Delete